Founder and Owner of Gates to HR
Lesley Gates-McCulley has more than 18 years human resources management experience in diverse corporate and work site environments, including small business through Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies.
Throughout her career she has managed human resources functions including staffing and recruitment, performance management, employee relations, training, compliance, employee handbooks, policy and procedures, investigations, compensation, benefits and reward programs. She has created HR infrastructure and led project teams aimed at streamlining HR processes and establishing best practices resulting in improved human capital and operational performance.
Lesley holds a Master of Science degree in HR Management from Lesley College in Cambridge MA and a Bachelor’s in Management from the University of Miami. She has presented workshops and written or contributed to articles on human resources topics for numerous publications and is a member of The Society for Human Resource Management, Valley of the Sun Human Resources Association, Arizona Small Business Association and the Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce.
Lesley is certified as a Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) through the national Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) HR Certification Institute (HRCI). An active member, Lesley has served on the Board of Directors for the Valley of the Sun Human Resources Association (VSHRA) in Phoenix, a local HR organization affiliated with SHRM. She also served as the VSHRA Membership Chair for the Central Valley Chapter. HRCI is the credentialing body for human resource professionals and is affiliated with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Gates To HR
Whether you have been in business for years or are just starting out, you need to have a basic HR infrastructure in place for your company. Gates to HR will work with you to lay the foundation for good employment practices and then help you refine those practices as your company grows.
Benefits to working with Gates to HR include:
- Save time and money using a senior HR professional at a fraction of the price of hiring a part-time or full-time employee;
- On-call, on-site or virtual HR support; also available for interim assignments;
- Prompt responses and direct answers tailored for your unique business needs;
- Gained insight into operating in the “minefield” of employment laws and handling potentially difficult situations before something becomes a crisis;
- Avoid costly mistakes that could have been prevented;
- Procedural improvements and employment practices that positively impact your bottom line.